Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Christmas sweets





This was the first year we were celebrating Christmas away from Family & friends. But that didn't stop me from preparing Christmas sweets which has been a tradition in our family.So these are few of the sweets I made this Christmas - Cherry Knobs, Fruit Cake, Coconut Cake, Date Rolls, KulKuls & of course my all time favorite Marzipan's!! I molded the marzipan's into carrots, plums, peaches, pears, cherries, watermelons, mangoes, oranges, pumpkins, peas, pineapples, strawberry's, rasberry's & also a christmas tree that I made using a cookie cutter ;-)

4 comments:

JudeCreations said...

Hi Karen,
Nice christmas sweets. Also your cakes are very nice, i liked the car cake.........

Anonymous said...

Recipes Karen recipes ;) Your marzipan creations look beautiful! Can you post recipe for kulkuls too? I wanted to make them this year but got tired after making shankarpali's . Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Wish you and your family a Very Happy new Year!

Karen R Mendonca said...

Tx JudeCreations & Homecooked for having appreciated my Christmas sweets.I will surely take time out to share the recipes with you all.

Homecooked - the recipe that I use to make kulkuls is the same as that for shankarpali :-) Its just that instead to shaping it into diamonds I use the kulkul form to make kulkuls.

Spice said...

Hi thanks for following my blog....& i'm glad u came to my blog.....I too love to bake & now a days trying my hands on cake deco. Love these X'mas treats U made...I'm on my way to browse your blog for more visual treat.....