We recently brought a box of fresh BlueBerries from the store & I thot that it was a nice opportunity to try making BlueBerry Muffins from scratch, stumbled across the recipe from the Blog Happy Home Baking & thot it was the right one. I hadn't realized that my stock of Paper Muffin cups had exhausted so used the silicon cup molds to make these.Although the recipe said it made 12 muffins I managed to make 12 cupcakes with the same amount .They turned out very yummy!! My special thanks to Happy Home Baker for sharing this wonderful recipe on her blog.
Here's the recipe for all those who wanna try it.
(makes 12 small muffins)
250g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
60ml vegetable oil
125g granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
125g (about 1 cup) blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 180degC (350 degF).
- Wash and drain blueberries. Dry with paper towels and toss them in a tablespoon of flour.
- Place egg, oil, milk, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. With a manual whisk, whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. With a spatula, gently fold all the ingredients to form a wet batter. Mix until the flour is just incorporate into the batter. Add the blueberries and fold in gently. DO NOT over mix. The batter should appear lumpy.
- Spoon batter into paper muffin cups. Bake for 15~20mins until muffins turn golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.